2020 SC Lion of the Year and SC Hall of Fame nominations
2018/2019 South Carolina Lions of The Year
PDG Pat Friday
Proudly Nominated by the Aiken Lions Club
Over the last 18 months Pat has done the following:
- Pat has sponsored 4 new members to Aiken Lions and 1 member to a club in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Pat has organized and run 2 community projects.
- She organized and lead the Peace Poster project in an area school and has already planned for next year’s event with two schools.
- She organized and directed vision screenings in local day care and nursery schools and in the Allendale and Barnwell public school system.
- Through her efforts, over 2000 students were screened for vision and hearing, and local school students learned about and participated in the Peace Poster Project run by LCI.
- Pat has had a perfect attendance record for the past 18 months. She has attended two international conventions, numerous state conventions and district conventions. She is attending this year’s district and state conventions.
She works tirelessly for Aiken Lions serving as chair of the Golf Tournament, PR/Spokesperson for the club and Service Chair. She serves on the Finance Committee assisting in the collection of dues.
- She is also Zone 7 Chair.
- Pat has received the following awards:
- SC Hall of Fame
- Melvin Jones Fellow + 2 Progressive Awards
- Franklin G. Mason Fellow + Progressive
- Lion of the Year – Aiken Mid-Day
- Presidential Leadership Award
- Pat was a charter member of the Aiken Mid-Day Lions in 1995.
- Perfect attendance at the last 5 state conventions (if not more) and attended 3 International Conventions. She was Chair of the 2017 state convention and served as District Secretary Treasurer, 2nd Vice District Governor, 1st Vice District Governor and District Governor. She also attend a US/Canada Forum.
- Pat’s civic contributions include volunteering for the Salvation Army of Aiken and the Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons. She is a member of the St. Johns United Methodist Church and attends the Faith Bible Study Group.
In closing I would like to say that there isn’t much Pat doesn’t do as a Lion. She is constantly serving her club, her community and her state.
President, Aiken Lions Club