Harvest Hope Food Bank is pleased, as a member of Feeding America, to support the efforts of Hurricane Harvey recovery by coordinating food and fund donation drives in our area. However, with the issues of Hurricane Irma possibly directly impacting South Carolina in the coming days and weeks, some of the support received, to date, may remain in the state until the crisis is past. Our intention is that we will continue to provide relief supplies to areas affected by Harvey and Irma, and will do so for the foreseeable future.
On behalf of the survivors of these terrible tragedies, thank you to all of you who have given to date. Please call 803.361.2731 for more information.
HOW TO DONATE:
Monetary donations can be made at https://donate.harvesthope.org/.
Food drives can be scheduled by contacting Briana Hendrix email@example.com.
You may also stop by any Harvest Hope location during normal business hours to drop off food or a financial contribution.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS include ready to eat non-perishable items (ie. cereal, canned goods with pop tops, peanut butter, and fruit), paper products, toiletries, diapers and wipes and cleaning supplies.
LCIF DISASTER RELIEF
LCIF is mobilizing funds to support relief efforts following Hurricane Harvey. An Emergency Committee has been established by the Lions in Texas. Many areas are still inaccessible, so activities are being considered for the days, weeks and months ahead. Please encourage Lions within your area to make a gift to LCIF Disaster Relief. They can make the donation to LCIF and note “Disaster Relief – Hurricane Harvey”. All funds being received to this area will support the effort, regardless of notation. Donations made to this area are Melvin Jones Fellowship eligible. There are articles related to the disaster posted on the LCIF website (http://www.lcif.org/EN/our-work/disaster-relief/index.php), along with a message from the president and chairman. Additional details will be shared as they become available.
Lions who wish to offer their support by providing supplies or volunteering should reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate with the local response efforts.
How To Make a Disaster Relief Donation:
- Donate online. Select Disaster and include the name of the disaster in the comments section.
- Make a credit card donation with a MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Fax the following information to LCIF: name, address, phone number, credit card type, credit card number, expiration date, and amount of the donation. If you are a Lions member, please provide your clubs information. LCIF’s fax number is (630) 571-5735.
- Mail LCIF a U.S. dollar check drawn on a U.S. financial institution. Make the check payable to Lions Clubs International Foundation, noting the name of the disaster (Japan or New Zealand) in the memo. Please send the check to Lions Clubs International Foundation, Department 4547, Carol Stream, Illinois 60122-4547 USA
- Make a direct deposit of local currency into an existing LCI account. Send a copy to LCIF via fax to (630) 571-5735.
- Do a direct wire transfer. For assistance with this option please contact LCIF Donor Processing.